When it comes to choosing a watch, one of the most important decisions you’ll make is what kind of strap to get. The strap can not only affect the comfort of wearing the watch, but it can also impact its style, durability, and functionality. Silicone watch straps have become increasingly popular in recent years, thanks to their versatility, durability and range of colors and styles. In this article, we’ll explore some fun facts about silicone watch straps that you may not know.
- James Franklin Hyde was an American chemist and inventor. He has been called the “Father of Silicones” and is credited with the launch of the silicone industry in the 1930s.
- Silicone is made from a combination of silicon, oxygen, carbon, and hydrogen.
- Silicone watch straps are lightweight and flexible, making them a popular choice for sports and outdoor activities.
- Silicone is resistant to water and sweat, which makes it ideal for use in water-resistant watches.
- Silicone watch straps are available in a wide range of colors and designs, from bright neon hues to more subdued tones.
- Some silicone watch straps feature perforations or ventilation holes to improve airflow and keep the wearer’s skin cool and dry.
- Silicone watch straps are durable and long-lasting, and they are resistant to damage from UV rays and extreme temperatures.
- Silicone watch straps are easy to clean and maintain, and they are less likely to absorb odors or bacteria than other materials like leather or fabric.
- Silicone watch straps are often used by divers because they are resistant to salt water and can withstand the pressure of deep dives.
- Silicone watch straps are a popular choice, because they are comfortable to wear for long periods of time and can be easily cleaned after workouts.
If you are convinced that the silicone watch strap is the perfect match for your MoonSwatch, check out our MoonSwatch Strap collection!